My name is Diana J. Lee, born and raised in Seattle, USA. Most of my childhood was spent sitting around in Chinatown doodling on pads of papers and playing in the alley by myself, which is what probably caused me to have such an active imagination. I’m one of those people who are never bored and have the ability to make something out of nothing.
My love of art and video games is what led me to the video game industry, which was a childhood dream. With my first paycheck, I bought my first DSLR and became a self-taught photographer – mostly shooting fashion shows and models, which was another dream of mine. Since I’m kind of crazy and like to dream big, I threw away my comfortable life behind in 2011 to do freelance work and travel around the world by myself. Since then, I have been
- Visual category winner in the Lonely Planet YouTube Share Your Adventure Contest (video)
- Finalist for Pantene’s Labels Against Women #ShineStrong campaign
- Finalist for Travello’s The Ultimate Aussie Adventure
- Finalist for Airtreks’ Trek the World 2020
- Top 10 for Pacsafe’s #PacsafeBeMore contest
- Featured on “40 Asian Travel Bloggers to Inspire Your Next Vacation”
- Selected to kick-off travel crowdfunding site, Trevolta, with project proposal
- Selected to co-host #RTWChat on Twitter with BootsnAll Travel to interact and give expert advice to their 60k+ followers
A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there. Big things come from humble beginnings, so dream big!
And yes women can travel alone! Visit my new travel blog below to read about my adventures through North America, South America, Europe, Northern Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.